Just another delicious tofu dish (Well, it tastes like fish). Fried tofu absorbs the sauce and gets a bit juicy. The original recipe can be accessed from this link. We changed a bit since we though the sauce might be too sweet.
1. Medium Firm Tofu 300g
2. Wood Ear 12.5g
3. 2 carrots and 1 green onion. 1 GARLIC (which we forgot preparing…otherwise it would taste even better.)
4. 2tbsp sugar, 1tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2tbsp water and 2tbsp soy sauce.
5. 30ml + 5ml cooking oil (used separately)
1. Cut the tofu (we had some chicken breast left and wondered what it would taste like with this sauce. Well not so good). Prepare the carrot, wood ear and green onion. The wood ear needs to be cleaned thoroughly and soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes.
2. Prepare the sauce simply by mixing up everything in ingredient-4.
4. Add 30 ml cooking oil and turn the heat to medium. Start frying the tofu until the top and bottom sides turn to brown. Get it out of the pan.
5. Add another 5 ml cooking oil to the pan. Add the half of the green onions first (stir for 30 seconds). Then add the carrot (stir for about 1 minute) and finally the wood ear (Stir for a minute).
6. Add the tofu back together with the sauce. Stir for another 30 seconds. Add the rest of the green onions. Done!