I came across this recipe a few days ago and thought it would make a good dish for the second part of the Fiesta Friday Anniversary 🙂 Fruits are unusual choices when we make stir fries. It’s easy to over-cook it. The last one we’ve tried was the Duck Breast Stir Fry with Pineapple. Since it worked out well, we thought we should give another shot to dragonfruit and thus this dish below.
It’s pretty easy to make. The key point is to prepare ahead and be fast. Ingredients below (serves 2):
- One dragonfruit
- 10 to 12 shrimps
- Optional: some mixed sweet peas, chopped carrot and corns (boiled)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp cooking wine, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce for seafood
- some parsley flakes
- First, we make the boat. This post “How to prepare a dragon fruit in 30 seconds” should give you a pretty good idea. The only difference is that we set aside the chopped fruit for later use.
- Heat up a pan with olive oil and cook the shrimps until they are bright pink on the outside and not transparent in the center (about 3 minutes), add the dragon fruits, mixed vegs, cooking wine, salt and sugar.
- Turn the heat off. Add the soy sauce. Gently stir for another 30 seconds.
- Parsley shower.
- Bring them to the loading dock. We are shipping to your plate 😉
First bite on the shrimp was goooood. Second bite on the dragon fruit was surprising, or I should say, not ripe enough. We should have waited for another 2 days, but I just couldn’t resist to think about this delightful moment. So I kind-of ate my imagination lol.