Finally a Friday with no pressing issue at work that “may need some of my help at weekend”… Man now I know how it feels like to work almost two weeks in a row without a break. We also just bought our first home, while my wife was recovering from her wisdom teeth removal. You can see how many things are going on all together. It’s strange but every time this kind of “anomaly” occurs it forces me to think what the hell I’m doing with my life! But if I ever learned anything from it, it’s these:
- It will pass.
- Have a solution-based mindset and focus on solving the problem.
- Whatever your estimation is, times 2.
- Push back if necessary, with your detailed estimation.
So what’s next? Celebrations, right? Let’s start with this Matcha Tofu Pudding. It was supposed to be a comforting dessert for my wife but she could only eat liquid food. When I made this, we just stared at it. It was just too cruel to eat it in front of her. I followed this recipe 抹茶豆腐 with some slight adjustment.
Ingredients (serves 3):
- gelatin powder 5 g
- Matcha 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- water 2 tbsp (may need more depending on the tofu)
- soft tofu (extra soft? better) 110g
- sugar 40 g
- milk 100 g, and light cream 80 g
- You got a mixer? Good, tofu, water plus matcha. Press the button. Add more water if necessary. They should mix like a smoothie.
- Heat up a small pot with medium heat. Melt the sugar with milk and cream.
- Add the tofu and match mix. Stir until all blend in.
- Add the gelatin powder and keep stirring. Turn off heat.
- Now it’s the fun part. Bring out the dessert molds & shapes. Fill them and cool down in the fridge overnight.
- Get them out and take a spoon now!