Waking up in the morning and seeing the snow falling in early September makes us sad since we’re told that there is another season between Summer and Winter, which is true, and we call it a “LIE” in Canada. This snow totally caught us off-guard. The heating system in the apartment is not even ready and you can run out of energy and freeze quickly. This is why the police here cut off the heating system in a house to force the suspect out in a hostage situation. We do have some sweet snacks in stock, but we just don’t feel like being sugar high early in the morning. Luckily we still have some fruits left, which are perfect for making this warm and low-sweet dessert soup.
1. One apple and one pear
2. Half mandarin orange
3. Two dried red dates (optional)
4. Ten dried goji berries/wolfberries (optional)
5. rock sugar/normal sugar/honey/maple syrup, adjust to taste
1. Pick your fruit for the party
2. Peel and cut into cubes.
3. Boil a small pot of water. Then put all ingredients into the pot. Wait until re-boiling. Low heat for 15 minutes. It should be very easy to poke into the apple cubes with a fork.
4. You can add more sugar, honey or maple syrup. The amount depends on your own taste.
Serve hot and it is good for one or two servings. This post is part of Fiesta Friday hosted at The Novice Gardener by Angie.