Thank God it’s Friday! Two weeks working overtime is not fun, at all. Before I joined the new team, the estimation of the current project was all set, and sadly unrealistic…I haven’t been in the kitchen for a week, which is torturing me, especially after reading some mouth-watering posts in the reader feeds. After yesterday’s mess, I realize that I have to stop and go cook something to reset myself. So to follow my previous post, I decided to make another dish with cabbages, the Jade Cabbage Rolls. It’s a healthy appetizer and rolling is always fun, isn’t it? This might help the kids who have problem with eating vegetables as well 🙂
- 5 cabbage leaves
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 box of enoki mushroom (This is optional. Honestly, I think other shredded vegetables would be better. Or you can use shredded chicken breasts. The original recipe 白菜卷 uses shredded fried eggs, a good option as well)
- some salt, sugar and your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Rinse the cabbage leaves and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to dry.
- Cut off the root of the enoki mushroom. Rinse, and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to dry.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir fry the shredded carrot for a minute. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Now let’s roll! Gently unfold the cabbage leaves and place them on a flat cutting board. Put 1/5 carrot and enoki mushroom on one cabbage leaf, close to the bottom and slowly roll up. Repeat for all leaves.
- Cut all the rolls in half. We are all set 🙂
All healthy, juicy and chewy 😉
Did I forget to mention that yesterday we ate a whole box of fried chicken? It’s all about food guilt…
I’m bring these rolls to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #61 at FiestaFriday.net, cohosted by Selma at Selma’s Table and Margy at La Petite Casserole. Man I missed one party and there’s a new site already! I better keep up every week!