OK this recipe consists of two ingredients we’ve been waiting for weeks to try out: duck breast and pineapples. And they are finally on sale! At first we didn’t plan to mix them together. However, doing a bit search on Google, there are actually some great recipes out there using both. We thought it would be worth trying so here comes this sweet taste dish 🙂 The original recipe is 凤梨炒鸭丁 from 下厨房. The duck breast has some fat but you won’t feel it because of the sweet and sour taste of the pineapple.
1. Duck breast: about 350 g
2. Peeled Pineapple: half is enough. The other half? Make yourself a drink 🙂
3. Some sweet peas/edamames. mostly for decoration
4. Cooking wine 1tbsp, Soy sauce 1tbsp, Oyster sauce 1tbsp (optional), corn starch 1tbsp, salt 1/4 tbsp
5. Cooking oil 1/4 tbsp and 1 piece of sliced ginger and 1 green onion (chopped)
1. Dice the duck breast and pineapple. Blanch the peas/edamames.
2. Marinate the duck breast with cooking wine, corn starch and salt for about 15 minutes.
3. Ready your pan/wok with cooking oil. Turn on high heat. Add the ginger and green onion chops. Once they start sizzling, add the duck breasts. Keep stirring until the duck breast turns white.
5. Another minute and we are ready!