This is a special weekend. Of course, it’s Valentine’s Day. In a few days, it’s also the Chinese New Year. We don’t have enough vacation to go back and meet with our families so it’s just me and wife this year. Monday is actually a holiday “Family Day” in Canada. I guess it’s close enough 🙂 Big new year feast is a must. So we decided to cook and eat through the weekend. We also need to prepare enough photos of food because in a few days we will be bombarded with pictures of dinner and messages like “sorry dude, you are not here and they are all mine LOL”. By the time we call in to say “happy new year”, all our families will already be gathered around the table full of food and drinks and …OK, I don’t want to talk about this anymore. So here to our mushrooms. Mmmmmushrooms! If meat is forever taken away from me, I’m gonna go with the King Oyster Mushrooms! We followed this recipe 瑶池玉柱 from 下厨房. Serves two and serve hot. Don’t wait a single second, serve hot. What will we need?
- A bag of king oyster mushrooms of course, usually 3 per bag. Chopped into pieces of 2 cm/0.78 inch.
- About 1/5 bunch of broccoli. That’s our lake.
- Some black pepper and salt.
- 20 g butter
So we start by creating the lake first.
- Boil the broccoli for a minute. Set aside.
- Get your food processor/chopper ready. With all the broccoli and 3 tbsp water, we have a lake. Of course, you have to press a button first.
Now comes to the pillars.
- Heat up a greased pan with butter with low to medium heat.
- Fry the mushroom chops until both sides browned.