We didn’t get the chance to write the post yesterday since we were busy preparing the VISA applications. That’s right, my first visit to the US. After we were done it was too late and I didn’t feel like rushing through writing this recipe since it doesn’t match with the mood when you are making this dish 😉 Ah who am I kidding, maybe I’m just lazy…So shrimps, in Toronto, are so much better, even just the frozen ones. With some crystal noodles and garlic, you can make the best out of the yummy shrimps.
1. Seven Shrimps, without the head
2. At least seven gloves of garlic, chopped and 2 green onions, chopped
3. Two pieces of ginger, put in some hot water for 5 minutes
4. some crystal noodle, just enough to put in the middle of the plate, also in hot water for 5 minutes.
5. 1 tbsp cooking wine, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp cooking oil
1. Cut the shrimps’ back open and place them on a plate. Be careful. Don’t cut through the shrimp.
2. Now time for the garlic sauce. Mix all the chopped garlic, 2/3 of the green onion, some ginger water, cooking wine and soy sauce. Heat up a pan with cooking oil. Pour in the mix and wait until it’s boiled and becomes a bit sticky. Then use a spoon to place the sauce on the shrimp.
3. Put the crystal noodle in the middle of the plate. Steam for 6 to 7 minutes. Last step, Put the rest of the green onion on the noodle. I prefer to pour some hot cooking oil on top of it 🙂