We have finally settled in our new apartment in Toronto. Moving is so tiring and driving in such a big city is a bit scary. We haven’t posted anything for almost 3 weeks. This is our first post here, a new beginning, to show you a recipe of tofu and meat balls.
1. A box of medium firm tofu
2. 8 to 10 cooked Italian meat balls. So there may be an extra step that you have to cook the meat ball first.
3. one green onion and 3 gloves of garlic, all chopped
4. three dried red peppers
5. 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp black bean sauce or Douchi, 5 white rock sugar, 1 tsp corn starch, 2 tbsp cooking oil.
1. Cut the tofu into small cubes. Get a pan, medium heat to heat up the cooking oil and melt the rock sugar. Then add the garlic chops and dried red pepper. Stir for 30 seconds.
2. All in the tofu cubes and gently stir for two minutes. Add the cooked meat balls, soy sauce and black bean sauce. Stir for a minute.
3. Add the corn starch and 50 ml water. Cover the pan with a lid. Low heat for 2 minutes.
4. Times up. Don’t forget the green onion decoration.
Enjoy with a spoon!