So is it steamed egg or tofu? Neither, or both. We use eggs and egg tofu. They have almost the same color when they are steamed so you won’ be able to tell them from each other. That’s the main point. A little treasure hunt of tofu among eggs. Be sure you eat with the crispy dry minced beef on top! This post is part of Fiesta Friday hosted at The Novice Gardener by Angie.
1. 3 eggs and 245 g egg tofu
2. 100 g lean ground beef and 1 green onion, chopped
3. 1 tbsp cooking wine, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp cooking oil
1. Cut the tofu into thin slices.
2. Place the tofu slices at the bottom of a big bowl. Beat the eggs and add 120 ml water.
3. Hide the tofu.
4. Steam for 12 to 15 minutes. In the meantime, we make some dry stir-fried minced beef. Marinade the beef with cooking wine and salt for 5 minutes. Pour the cooking oil to a frying pan. Medium heat. Add the beef and gently stir from time to time until the beef become dry and dark brown. Time to decorate the steamed egg and tofu with the dry minced beef and chopped green onion 😀