Today is the first day of summer and it’s also our first anniversary. One year has just past in a blink. Well, life will be better if we truly want it to be and things can be done, with baby steps, as long as you are persistent. Get a clear vision, work hard and smart. It will pay off 😀
OK, back to our salad. It’s hot. I mean the weather (well the salad is hot too). I don’t really feel like hanging around the stove for long. A nice salad together with a bowl of congee would be a great combination for dinner in a hot day. The chicken is spicy and numbing. But worry not, the sweet and sour cucumber and carrot will help you not to get too high. The mung bean congee is an excellent side dish, especially if you add sugar and put it in the fridge for a while before eating. We use a pressure cooker to cook the congee. This post is also part of Fiesta Friday #21. It’s really a great event and place to meet talented food bloggers!
Ingredients for the chicken salad:
1. 2 chicken thighs
2. 2 carrot, 1 cucumber, and 3 gloves of garlic
Ingredients for mung bean congee:
50 ml white rice, 15 ml mung bean (using a measuring cup) and 450 ml water
Serve two, serve cold!
Steps for the chicken salad:
1. Boil the chicken thigh thoroughly. In the meantime, peel and shred the carrots and cucumber. We blanch the carrot but it’s optional.
2. Make the sauce by simply mixing all the ingredients in Item 3 above. Also add the chopped garlic.
3. Now wash your hand thoroughly. Rinse the boiled chicken thigh with cold running water. Shred the chicken with your hand. No knifes!
4. Fun time. Place the shredded chicken, carrot and cucumber in a bowl. Add the sauce and start mingling.
As for the congee, that’s easy. Everything in the pressure cooker. Select congee mode and cook for 20 minutes. Add sugar and fridge for a while.
Prepare to lick the bowl.