It has been a weekend with ups and downs. We have a nice weather and FIFA World Cup! My wife has passed her road test! All so good until the credit check company messed up my credit profile. I guess I have to take some time to resolve it.
Well, as for the recipe, we are back to chickens again. Spicy chicken wings! We adapted from 香辣干锅鸡 and added more vegetables. Be warned, ready for some icy drinks with you when eating this 😀 And this is our first entry to the Fiesta Friday party. Let’s have fun!
1. 750 g chicken wings
2. half a white onion, one celery stalk, both chopped, and about 100 g bean sprouts.
3. 8 gloves of garlic, 3 pieces of ginger slice, one green onion
4. 20 dry red chili peppers and 30 Szechuan pepper corns, 2 star anise, a bit of black pepper, 1 tbsp cooking oil
5. 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp oyster flavored sauce, 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cooking wine
1. Prepare for all the ingredients and mix the sauce in Item 5 above.
3. Add the chicken wings and heat the chicken wings until both sides turn golden brown. The chicken wings already have fat, so no need to use too much oil. But we must be patient.
4. OK, chicken wings out. Use the remaining oil in the pan to heat the vegetables. Quickly stir for a minute.
5. In the meantime, blanch the bean sprouts for 30 seconds. Place them at the bottom of a bowl.
6. Add the chicken wings back to the pan. Add the sauce and stir for another 2 minutes. Place the chicken wings on top of the bean sprouts. Done! Add some sesame seeds if you want 🙂
One the best parts is the bean sprouts at the bottom. It absorbs all flavor by the time the chicken wings are finished. As mentioned at the beginning, grab a bottle of cold juice or beer with you. You might need it 😉