Two weeks ago we bought a bottle of Teriyaki sauce. It was just staying in a corner of the fridge so yesterday we decided to give it some attention. The first thing comes into our mind is Teriyaki Chicken. We found some recipes online but they all seems to require frying. So we thought maybe we could modify it using oven and just a little bit of olive oil.
Ingredients (Serves two):
1. 6 chicken drumsticks (or better, chicken thigh). If they are boneless, perfect.
2. 5 tbsp Teriyaki sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp olive oil
3. some white sesame seeds and a bowl of cooked white rice
We use a casserole instead of a baking tray. It helps the chicken to stay intact.
1. Rinse the chicken drumsticks. Make sure they are clean.
2. Now get rid of the bones. It takes time and be careful. Then use a fork to poke several times on the chicken.
3. Get a ziploc bag and put all the chicken in it. Then give them a Teriyaki sauce shower mixed with sugar. Seal the bag and marinate the chicken a bit. Put the bag in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Times up! Spray some olive oil to the bottom of the casserole. Place the chicken nicely and brush some sauce in the bag onto them.
5. Heat the oven to 200 C or 375 F. Put the casserole in the oven. After 20 minutes, get it out and brush some honey and the rest of the sauce onto the chicken. Turn them over and back to the oven for another 15 minutes.
6. Ding! Almost done! Get all chickens out and slice! In the meantime, pour all the sauce left in the casserole to a pan and heat it further. It will make a tasty sauce with good color. When the sauce becomes sticky, turn off the heat.
7. Simply place the chicken slices on one side of a bowl of rice. And don’t forget the sauce and sesame seeds. Want some green? Sure.