It has been sunny and warm for almost a week. I guess we can pretend that summer has arrived in Edmonton and the season of cold dishes begins. We used to eat Shredded Lettuce with Sesame Paste in the restaurant as appetizers but since it is a bit hard to find the exact type of lettuce we want, a variation with asparagus is made. Cold and juicy asparagus with sweet (a bit sour taste) sesame paste helps yourself get ready for the main dish 😀
This is a super easy recipe, as long as you have all the ingredients. Serves 2 or 3.
1. A bunch of asparagus, 3 gloves of garlic (chopped), some white sesame seeds
2. Sesame paste 45 g, sugar 15 g, soy sauce 10 ml, salt 2 g
3. vinegar 5 ml, sesame oil 5 ml, warm water 35 to 40 ml
1. Cut off the root part of the asparagus. Then cut in half. Rinse with water.
2. Make the sauce by mixing everything in Item 2 and 3 above. Also add the chopped garlic. Stir in one direction for a minute.
3. Blanch the asparagus for a minute. Get them out and rinse with cold water. Pour the sauce over. Don’t forget the sesame seeds.