Well, we run of food supply again. Since our car rental for grocery shopping is scheduled in the afternoon, we have to make something out of some broccoli, tomatoes and eggs (perfect for a soup), pretty much all we have in the fridge. We happen to have some cashew at hand, so we figure that we can make this simple vegetable dish we used to eat in a restaurant. Normally they add some shrimps. Since we don’t have shrimps, we have to go the frugal way 🙂 It’s really simple and takes around 7 minutes (Serves two).
1. A bunch of broccoli, chopped into florets
2. A bowl of cashews
3. Two or three gloves of garlic
4. 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp oyster flavored sauce, 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Blanch the broccoli for 30 seconds.
2. Get a pan and add the cooking oil. Turn on medium heat and stir fry the cashews for a minute.
3. Now add broccoli, salt and the sauce. Stir for another minute. Add the garlic. Done!