This is a simple recipe even for someone who has never cooked before. It is adapted from this recipe: 适合完全不会做饭的人—-酱汁烤鸡翅 by 文怡.
Chicken Wing: 18 pcs
Marinade: 8 cloves of Minced Garlic; 2 slices of Minced Ginger, 2 Chopped Spring Onions, 3 tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp of Honey
Dry mix: 3/4 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp black pepper, 3/4 tsp chilli powder
Honey Water Mix (for brushing on top of the wings): 2 tbsp of Honey and 2 tbsp of Water
1. Wash and drain the chicken wings. Use a fork to poke some holes on each wing so that they absorb more flavor.
2. Put the chicken wings in a ziploc bag or a bowl, add the marinade, mix and massage the wings. Let them marinade for 30 minutes, or overnight in the fridge. I love the ziploc bag trick, even though it is not the most environmental friendly or economically friendly, it saves me from washing hands and cleaning a bowl.
3. Preheat the oven to 390F/220C. Line a baking sheet with foil, and lay the chicken wings on top of it.
4. Sprinkle half of the dry mix on top of the chicken wings
5. Make the honey water mix by– mixing the honey and water together! Brush the honey water mix on the wings so that they would look more appealing
6. Put the wings in the oven, cook for 10 minutes.
7. Turn and sprinkle the rest of the dry mix on the wins, brush on more honey water mix, bake for another 10 minutes.
1. You can add less dry mix when cooking, and add more to taste after tasting the cooked wings.
2. You can substitute the dry mix with any BBQ sauce you like. Using a sauce will give the wings a tangy feeling.
3. Feel free to add more, or less, garlic in the marinade based on how much you like garlic.