We bought almost $200 grocery from Superstore on Wednesday. It’s a bad idea to go grocery shopping when you are hungry. We just could not stop…but it’s good to see the fridge filled up. Today we made a dish with Tofu. We figured we had too much steak recently so we made a less “meat-y” one. We followed the recipe 客家酿豆腐. However, we found that the side dish was even better. Unfortunately we did not take note this time. It will probably be our next post ^_^.
1. One box of Tofu. We used medium firm but we think firm will be better.
2. lean ground beef 100 g, one egg, 5 ml sesame seed oil, 5 g salt.
3. 15 ml soy sauce, 15 ml oyster sauce, 100 ml water, 5 g sugar, 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
4. 15 ml cooking wine and 30 ml cooking oil.
5. one or two twists of black pepper and some green onion.
1. Cut the tofu into 6 or 9 cubes (depending on how big the box of tofu is). Now be a sculptor (and I’m not a good one).
2. Mix the lean ground beef with the egg, salt and cooking wine. And stuff the tofu.
3. Place a non-sticky pan with the cooking oil over medium heat. After one minute, place the tofu gently in the pan. Wait for 2 minutes. In the meantime, make the sauce by mixing everything in item 3.
4. Pour in the sauce over the tofu. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Uncover, high heat for 5 minutes (don’t go away in case the tofu get burned). Add the black pepper and green onion. Done!