Fried rice with egg is one of my favorite dishes. When I was a kid, I was hoping to eat it every single day. It’s simple, but also very difficult if you want to make a really good one. I was told that this dish is part of the graduation exam of Chinese chiefs. Well I don’t have that kind of cooking skills…yet, but anyway, here’s one of my own.
- two cups of cooked rice, from yesterday
- two eggs, one carrot, a handful of peas, one green onion
- 5 g salt, 5 g black pepper powder, 5 ml cooking wine, 1 tbsp cooking oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Break the eggs to a small bowl. Add the cooking wine. Beat until well blended.
- Chop the carrot and green onion to the size of your little finger nail.
- Get a small pot, add water and boil the carrot chops and peas.
- Pour the cooking oil into a skillet. Place over high heat. When the oil is hot enough (usually after 1 minute), pour in the eggs. Turn to medium heat and let the eggs cook until the bottom starts to set. Then using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
- Add the rice and the boiled veggie and mix with the eggs. Add the salt and black pepper. Stir well, to scramble the rice! Pour the soy sauce on top. Add the green onion and stir for another 30 seconds.