I should have posted this recipe yesterday, but I got so sleepy because of the day light saving. Why can’t we change the time on a Friday afternoon instead LOL? Back to the recipe, I used to watch my aunt make it many times so I decided to try it on my own.
1. Lotus root: 550 g
2. Chicken egg: one, cornstarch: 3 tbsp, water: 2 tbsp
3. 1 piece of ginger and 1/3 green onion
4. the sauce: 1 tbsp of water, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 3 tbsp of vinegar, and 4 tbsp of sugar.
5. some cooking oil (I didn’t really measure. You can start with 2 tbsp and gradually add more while frying the lotus).
1. Peel the lotus roots and chop chop!
2. Get a chopper or blender and let’s turn on the engine! If the chops in step 1 are too big for the chopper, make them even smaller first.
3. Now add the egg, 2 tbsp of water and cornstarch. Stir! When everything in the bowl is mixed up, turn on low heat. Wait for 2 minutes, then add cooking oil (hot pan, cold oil). Now, grab a small amount of the mix, gently squeeze it to get rid of extra water, and make a small ball. Put the lotus ball in the pan and gently push it. Don’t push too hard! Flip it over from time to time until both sides are golden. Then get it out. Well don’t do it linearly, do it in parallel.
4. Now we get to the sauce. Chop the ginger and green onion. Mix with the sauce. Put all the lotus pie back to the pan and set the heat to medium. Add the sauce and gently stir until all fries are soaked with the sauce. 5 minutes are usually enough. Just don’t over-cook or they will get burnt.