The food we have made recently might be a bit salty and that’s not good for one’s health. So instead of making some barbecue pork ribs, we made ourselves some warm and tasty soup, perfect for this who-knows-whether-spring-will-ever-come weather in Canada. If you have a pressure cooker, this takes about 30 minutes. Otherwise, it takes about 2 hours.
1. Pork side ribs: about 600 g
2. 3 to 4 carrots
3. a bowl of corn
4. a piece of ginger, one green onion, 3 Szchuan peppers (optional)
5. 5 g salt, 5 ml vinegar and water (for the amount, see the picture below)
1. Chop the carrots, onion and the ribs.
2. Blanch the ribs. Get your pressure cooker and all in! Add water. We didn’t really measure but roughly it should look like this (the same height as the pile of all ingredients).
3. Last step. Plugin the power and set cooking time for 20 minutes. Done! Without pressure cooker, you need to add more water, then turn the heat to low and wait for 2 hours.