OK, last time we have tried beer-braised chicken wings. Now this time we present you a variation. Instead of using beer, we use coke! The steps are fairly simple.
1. 24 Chicken wings, 1 bottle of 700 ml Coca Cola (well, pepsi will do as well)
2. 1 big potato
3. 3 pieces of ginger, 5 pepper corns, 3 dry red pepper
4. 15 ml (1 tbsp) cooking oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp dark soy sauce (just for color)
1. Blanch the chicken wings.
2. Prepare the potato.
3. Turn on the heat and set it to high. Cooking oil, ginger, pepper corn and dry red pepper in! Wait for about 1 minute. Then fry the chicken wings a bit until they turn brown.
4. Time for the coke. We used 600 ml. Well this part depends how much sugar you want. If you like a sweeter taste, add all. Oh and don’t forget the potato. Now also add the soy sauce and the dark soy sauce. Stir a bit and set the heat to medium. Cover the pot and wait for about 30 minutes. Open the pot. Stir a bit and turn heat to high. Now we need to vaporize 2/3 of the coke. Done!