This is a very common soup in Chinese families. If you just started to learn to cook you should try this easy and fast recipe. The dish is nutritious and fulfilling.
The original Chinese recipe is from 文怡：西红柿鸡蛋汤
- Tomato: 1 big tomato or 2 small ones
- Egg: 1
- Olive oil or vegetable oil: 2tsps
- (Optional )Spring onion:1
- (optional) cilatro: 1
- salt: to taste, no more than 1/2 tsp
- (optional): sesame seed oil: 1/2 tsp
- water starch: 1tbsp (1 tsp of corn starch mixed with 2 tsps of water)
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut the tomato into pieces, cut the spring onion, mix the corn starch with water, beat the egg (sorry forgot the egg pic).
- Get a pan with some height (anything but a flat pan), set heat to high, add oil to the pan. Wait 15 seconds then add tomatoes to the pan. Sauté the tomatoes until you see some juice, then add water (warm or hot water preferred) to cover the tomatoes. Wait 2 minutes after the water boils.
- Add salt, then add the water starch, quickly stir clockwise and then add the beaten egg to the pan. Quickly stir for 10 seconds and put the soup into a bowl. Then add sesame seed oil, spring onion and cilantro if you like them.