This is one of my favorite dishes mom makes from time to time. I sometimes wonder how these simple ingredients could create such good flavor.
1. 20 chicken wing drumettes
2. 1 carrot and 2 lettuce stems
3. some garlic, 1 piece of ginger and 1 green onion.
4. 15ml cooking oil
1. Clean the chicken wings and chop the carrot and lettuce stem. Also prepare the garlic, ginger and green onion as shown in the picture below.
2. blanch the chicken wings.
3. Add oil to the pan and set the heat to high. Wait for 1 minute. Then add the chicken wings, and cooking wine and stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add the ginger, green onion and garlic. Stir for another minute.
5. Time for the vegetables. Carrot first. It needs a head start, then the lettuce stems. Stir for 1 minute.
6. Add warm water until the wings and vegetables are submerged.
7. Cover the pan with the lid and turn the heat to medium. Wait for 15 minutes.
8. Add 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar. Stir a bit. Repeat step 7.
9. Open the pan and turn the heat to high. Wait until most of the water is vaporized. Done!
Sorry about the missing pictures in step 6 to 9. I was doing something else and forgot the photos.