We haven’t updated our blog for a while. We’ve been busy preparing our wedding. Now it’s time to continue! Today we’ll show you a variation of Kung Pao Chicken, the Tofu version. The original Chinese version is 家味宫保鸡 by 文怡。
1. Pressed Tofu: around 300g. You can use other Tofu if you want. Pressed Tofu is just easier to cook since they are not easily “destroyed” by stirring.
2. Some bell peppers.
3. 6 dry red chili pepper, 15 peppercorns, 10g green onion, 5g ginger, and 5g garlic.
4. salt 5g, cooking wine 0.5tsp, cornstarch 25g, vinegar 30ml, soy sauce 15ml, sugar 10g, water 50ml.
5. cooking oil 30ml
1. Prepare the tofu, and all the stuff in the 2nd and 3rd point above.
2. Prepare the sauce. This is the most crucial part. Mix everything in the 4th point above and the green onion, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
3. Turn on the heat. Set to high. Add the peppercorns and wait for about 1 minute. Add the red chili pepper. Wait for another minute.
4. Add the tofu dices, stir for about 3 minutes. If you are using other tofu, you should first fry the tofu until two sides become golden and be careful while stirring. Add the bell pepper, stir for 30 seconds. Pour the sauce on the tofu. Stir for another minute. Done!