We like spicy food with numbing heat. So here’s one we make from time to time. You don’t have to use lotus roots. Carrot itself is good enough. Quoting from Wikipedia, ‘Lotus roots have been found to be rich in dietary fiber, vitamin C, potassium, thiamin,riboflavin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, copper, and manganese, while very low in saturated fat‘. And it’s crunchy!
1. Chicken Breast: 500g.
2. 3 Carrots.
3. 1 lotus root.
4. Vegetable oil: 5 tbsp (we have a lot ingredients so we have to use a bit more than usual)
5. Seasoning: 20 peppers (numbing), 6 dry red peppers (spicy), 1 spring onion, about 5 pieces of garlic (you can add more if you want), 2 pieces of gingers, 1/2 tsp salt and 30 ml soy sauce.
1. Wash, peal and chop the carrots and lotus root.
2. Wash and dice the chicken breast.
3. Prepare all the seasoning
4. Add oil to the pan and set heat to high. Wait for about 30 seconds.
5. Add the garlic, spring onion and ginger to the pan and stir for about 1 minute. Then add the peppers. Stir for another minute.
6. Now comes the chicken breast. Stir until the color of all sides of the chicken breasts becomes almost white.
7. Add carrots and soy sauce. Stir for about 2 minutes.
8. Add the lotus root and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir for about 2 minutes.
There you go!