Potatoes contain multiple vitamins and minerals in addition to its carbohydrate contents. Baby potatoes are easier to cook than regular ones even though to skin them takes longer time. We are going to show you a dish that you can customize in any way that you like.
Chinese version: 香烤小土豆
- Baby potatoes: 450g
- Oil (non-expensive olive oil or vegetable oil or melted butter): a little bit to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan
- Spring onion: 1 (you can use parsley, rosemary or other herbs)
- Seasoning: some salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin seed powder (or you can use BBQ sauce or any other sauce to your taste)
- Wash the potatoes, put in boiling water for 10 minutes until you can easily stick a fork into them
- Under cold running tap water, skin each potato with fingers, remove potato eyes by squeezing aroung them
- Put a piece of aluminium foil on an oven tray, grease it with a little bit of oil
- Place potatoes onto the tray, use your palm to gently press them so that they crack a little bit. This makes it faster for them to be fully cooked. Be sure not to press too hard.
- Add seasoning, bake in oven (preheated to 490F), wait about 10 min
- Take it out, add herbs (and cheese if you want to), put it back in the oven for another 3 min, and… done!